Thursday, March 18, 2010

I am not a boot-licker: Dr. Ejaz Ali

By Manzar Bilal, TwoCircles.net,


Dr Ejaz Ali who was elected to Rajay Sabha in March 2008 by Janata Dal (United) from Bihar has been dismissed from the party.

Dr. Ejaz Ali who is also the president of All India United Muslim Morcha is going to hold a program on 1st November in Patna where expelled BJP leader Jaswant Singh is invited. In an interview with Manzar Bilal of TwoCircles.net, he talked on the reasons of differences with the party and purpose behind holding the program.





You have been dismissed from JD (U) along with other two leaders what would be the reason?

Officially I am not informed about this decision so far but I came to know about that through media. The reasons behind dismissal of others two members are clear as they have put their son and wife against party members in election but why I was dismissed I am unable to understand. I am going to organize a program on 1st November at Krishna Memorial Hall, Patna where I invited Mr. Jaswant Singh. It might be the reason for my dismissal because Mr. Jaswant Singh is the leader of BJP who was dropped from the party and JDU is its ally.



Party leaders said that you have been involved in anti-party activities which resulted into your dismissal. What do you say?


Though I was elected by JD (U) but as a representative of a community it was my responsibility to raise voice for the rights of my community. I have been doing my job and whenever I felt anything against benefit of my community I opposed it, be it against my party or any one else because for me interest of community is superior to anything.


Do you feel that policies of JD (U) are against your views?

What are policies of party I do not know but as far as I am concerned I am not boot-licker of anyone but I am deeply concerned about problems of my community. When BJP said that they would construct Ram Mandir at Ayodhya, I opposed it and my party also said that they are not with BJP in this matter. When BJP presented Advani as PM, I stood against it but my party supported it. When Nitish Kumar hugged Narendra Modi, I strongly condemned it. Hemant Karkare investigated on the right direction in Malegon blast case and unveiled the face of saffron terrorism for the first time in India but he was killed. It left suspicion in minds of millions of people. A.R Antulay raised the question in Lok Sabha on the matter and demanded that death of Karkare should be investigated either by the CBI or a serving Judge of Supreme Court. I did the same in Rajay Sabha which angered my party because Karkare was an eye-sore of BJP and RSS. If I had not raised these issues then it is useless to be a member of Parliament.



What is the purpose behind organizing the program on 1st Nov.?


The real propose of program is to inform the people that who are the responsible for partition of India. Since last 62 years Muslims alone have been blamed for partition and because of that they were neglected in every spare of the life. Benefit under Article 341 was snatched from them. Jaswant Singh presented the real history of the partition and cleared that it was power struggle which partitioned the country and there was nothing like Hindu and Muslim factor behind it. So, by this program I want to spread the real history of partition to the people by such a person who is not from my community or group.


But some people say that Jaswant Singh gave clean-chit to Jinnah and Indian Muslim has nothing to do with Jinnah. What do you say?


It is incorrect and a propaganda of BJP that Jaswant Singh gave clean-chit to Jinnah. On the contrary he said that if Jinnah was responsible for the partition, he was not alone but Pandit Nehru, Sardar Patel and policies of Congress were also equally responsible for that. He also accepted that Muslims have been discriminated in their own country without any sin.

It is reality that partition was the product of politicians which pushed the country to backwardness because it was unnatural but common people are unaware about this fact. We are going to make an organization in which people from all communities will be given representation from where we will work for the communal harmony by visiting all parts of the country. The program of 1st Nov. is first part of that movement.


People say that you are going to hold program only to strengthen your political image among people so, that you can get benefit in the election? How much is it true?


My 25-year service in medical field and work for downtrodden and the depressed sections are enough to get people’s support and I have used it in the elections for my community’ benefit. It is a fact that I got elected MP by JD (U) because of my familiarity among people. So, I do not need to organize such program for my publicity.

You are claiming that you have raised voice for the right of Dalit Muslims but after reaching Parliament you have forgot the issue. What is your answer?

I am the first man who stood for Dalit Muslim issue. I was badly injured during a demonstration before Bihar assembly house with the demand to pass resolution for inclusion of Dalit Muslims under Article 341 and Bihar assembly passed the resolution.

I also held an agitation before Parliament house in Delhi for the same purpose and beaten up by police. I am happy that this issue has reached to Parliament. Now when I stand in Rajya Sabha, people consider that there might be any Dalit Muslim related issue. Those who are blaming me have nothing to do with Muslim issues and they are doing that only to appease their political bosses.


What is your plan in next Bihar assembly election, will you take part in that?

No, I will not take part and also will not make any party but I will campaign among the people to change the government at every 5 years. So that politicians would work more for the development of the state because even after 62 years of independence, Bihar is lagging behind only because of dynasty system of government.

Any thing else to say?

I can not compromise with benefit of my community and country at any cost and I appeal other member of Parliament to do the same. I also request people to support the truth and beware of tricks of politicians because they always try to create infighting among people.


(About the interviewee: Dr. Ejaz Ali is M.B.B.S., M.S. (General Surgery) practicing in Patna and son-in law of late Bihar assembly speaker Ghulam Sarwar. He is national president, All-India United Muslim Morcha, chief editor and Publisher, Sangam, an Urdu daily, published from Patna.)

No comments:

Post a Comment